The Tathered
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is dedicated to Role playing and advancement of role playing inside or outside the site.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World of Darkness: Suitor in Black

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

World of Darkness: Suitor in Black Empty
PostSubject: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Gregori&Sven
The rain applied a constant pitter patter against the carriage as it sped quickly on the uneven gravel path towards Nathaniel's Manson. Nathaniel an American who fled the civil war that bleed the United States of over half a million men. No one one could truly blame a wealthy cotton exporter to flee from his seat of power as the union came near with Sherman's torch. When he arrived he was quick to invest in a new meat factory to return some of his lost revenue. But misfortune followed as his wife fell illed and died not a month ago and he sent out an open call for any suitor who saw himself worthy to go and woe his daughter, Natalie.

Gregori
Awakening from a mild and somewhat uncomfortable sleep you sit up straight and yawn in the polite manner taught to you by nursemaids and etiquette teachers. With a quick flick of his wrist the pocket watch was cracked open and the time was given, 2:15 after the noon.
"We are nearly there, Master." the carriage man shouted over the thin rain and even weaker winds. The next several minutes were used to straighten appearance, waking up truly, and making sure his tongue would not tie on him if Nathaniel were to ask him something of importance. The horses were relieved into a slower pace marking that arrival was at hand. 2:26, 14 minutes early. As Gregori broke the seal of the carriage he saw something unexpected another gentlemen maybe tens years his senior walking from his mode of transportation.

Sven
The horse was quicker then wagon but it didn't hold the small protection from the rain as anything with a roof. Sven was thankful it was only a light drizzle that didn't break the protection of his heavy coat. The grays and bored greens of the countryside was much to be desired as it held no comparison like Indochina. Yet Russia held a cool methodical beauty to it as its nature hasn't been worn out like most of Europeans. His hawk circled him constantly and periodically disappeared as it spied prey that was too mouth watering to ignore. The Manson's opening porch was massive and built in the stout, fortress like manner that plague the countryside controlled by the noble families. With a quick lift Sven was on his feet where he did all the appropriate stretches and methods to wake his body from its stiffen form.
A beautiful carriage was pulled in by a team of horses and the air seemed to fill with the scent of nobles, it was almost like they held their own presence from this land, like an unnatural beast running in the wilds. A man stood from his seat and exited the craft, no a boy on the verge of being a man or man just elevated from boyhood. IT didn't matter as even way he was young.

(First Impressions of one another then greetings)
Back to top Go down
https://thetatheredparty.forumotion.com
ComfyMystic
Admin
ComfyMystic

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Sven eyed the young man, wondering what business he could have here. This was his first real chance to talk with someone since Sven came back from Indochina, most of his time back home was spent looking over notes and past finding, trying to piece things together. "I wish we could have met withe some better weather." Sven brought out his hand to shake "Sven Tauben, you?"
Back to top Go down
mink580

mink580

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Looking the man up and down, Gregori seams a bit hesitant to answer not sure why this man is here. "I am Gregori Nicolas, nice to make your acquaintance Mister Taubem. If you do not mind my asking why are you here?" He look for sign in the man, for some hint as to give him leverage over this man.
Back to top Go down
ComfyMystic
Admin
ComfyMystic

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Sven was happy to see that the man was friendly enough and started to make his way to the building while talking with Gregori "A man wanted to talk to about a possible marriage arrangement."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Before Gregori could speak on the issue the house's door open with a cruel looking pair of a butler and maid appearing in a coordinated fashion taking ether side of the double doors. The house seemed grim within with few candles lighting the behemoth's innards as the departure of its master's wife and mother of the prospective girl was still lingering in the air.
"Sirs" spoke the brilliantly white haired server who's deep voice brought both their attention to him. "There has been a mistake in the scheduling of both your visits, yet the master would still hold his invitation for both of you."
"If you are so kind to accept, follow me." The brunette maid said as she began a swift pace inside as the butler remained eyeing both the high breed suitors with eyes of suspicion.
Back to top Go down
mink580

mink580

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Knowing the Butler was closely watching him Gregori resisted the urge to flirt with the maid. "So Sven," Gregori choked out, "You look as though you have spent some time outside of the country, have you had any trips recently?"
Back to top Go down
ComfyMystic
Admin
ComfyMystic

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Sven took off his coat and handed it to a butler "You are right, I have been spending a few years in Indochina. Strange land and strange people, I was doing work with some fellow researchers."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 pm

As Sven and Gregori walked into the dimly light hall a condescending sigh escaped the butler as he heard Sven's tale of exploration as he closed both the doors and took the rear guard of the line. Paintings of the western American frontier by artisans left nameless. Details were satisfyingly caught as some paintings showed men with pride in their posture and hope in the gleam of their eyes. The others were not so up lifting as it showed deserted camps and another showed the hour before an invasion of white men onto the tribal homeland.
Many of the table clothes were mournful black or a deep dark purple. A sign of healing in some cases. A violin was gently teased as a beginning of a song was plucked as the two would be husbands walked into a pallor. Nathaniel was sitting with a militant posture staring at a statue of a women with her hands outstretch to her sides. There was a flicker of emotion in his eyes before he turned to greet his guests and possible new son.
"Greetings, sorry for the mishap. My personal calender has been in disarray in the passing weeks." He apologized in an ascent that plague the southern part of the eastern United States. Many who held it with their tongues sounded unintelligent to most foreign eyes but the few who were raise with fortune and education they sounded like philosophers and the wisest of men. " Sirs since this incident was entirely my fault i invite you both to stay the night and lounge with my daughter and I. Hopefully we can drudge up some merriment in the process."
Back to top Go down
mink580

mink580

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:08 pm

"It's alright sir. I thank you for this chance to visit your home, and attempt to court your daughter." Gregori keeping a straight and calm face, waits for Sven to make a reply to their host.
Back to top Go down
ComfyMystic
Admin
ComfyMystic

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Sven nodded "Thank you as well, I've been wanting to have the chance to settle down for some time."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:00 am

Nathaniel gave the two men a tight little smile.
"I'm assuming both of you know how I maintain my fortunes here in this country?"he asked while he stroll around the room to stand in front of one of the tall windows. "I invested in the mass production of meat and i bought out almost all the butchers in the near by towns and now they work for me in my factory. I am a business man first and family man second, unfortunately. I want someone who could support my daughter without my help but that doesn't mean I won't help if there is an occasion that it is needed. But first I want to hear what you two do for a living." He said with a darkening essence that seemed to fill the room.
Back to top Go down
ComfyMystic
Admin
ComfyMystic

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 pm

"Meat business? Never thought that would be some men would industrialize. I for one, am a scholar, mostly interested in biology and exotic life. as you may have heard I am been been doing research outside of Europe."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Berserkersteve wrote:
"Meat business? Never thought that would be some men would industrialize. I for one, am a scholar, mostly interested in biology and exotic life. as you may have heard I am been been doing research outside of Europe."

"Quite interesting. So what places have you explored? I'm quite interested on the global economics of the east. I may try investing in a import business from China."
Back to top Go down
ComfyMystic
Admin
ComfyMystic

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:01 pm

"I have been south in Indochina, I know some Frenchmen are interested in the place. The place seems completely untouched my the western world, quite interesting but we weren't interested the resources of the land, we were looking for the more exotic parts of the land."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 pm

"Shame I would of loved to get the heads up on the competition in those savaged lands...Boy" He motioned at Gregori " What do you do? I hear you have some kind of title here."
Back to top Go down
mink580

mink580

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:06 pm

"Well, yes I do. You see my father was a baron, and he recently died so I am technically a baron." Gregori grimaces as he talks about his father.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:03 am

mink580 wrote:
"Well, yes I do. You see my father was a baron, and he recently died so I am technically a baron." Gregori grimaces as he talks about his father.
"Ah tragic." he empathized " I know how hard it is to be force to loose a love one." his face darken as the reminder of his late wife brought his raw emotions to the frontier of his face. " Anyway, I assume you both would like to meet my daughter?" not waiting for an answer he threw open a door and marched forward leading the way knowing that Sven and Gregori would follow . He stopped in front of a masterfully hand crafted door with painted glass that echoed the door's beauty. He sighed and almost meekly open the door and strode in with both visitors at his heels curious on their possible bride to be.
The room held an indoor poor that seemed Roman in style with tall pillars that held the ceiling at bay. the water was crystal blue that became ever so blue as the depth increased from a couple of inches to what seemed bottomless. The grey and blue room was interrupted by a girl in a black dress with dark purple in her dress and hair. Her feet slowly swirled in circles as she stared blankly at the waves she created as if this exercise kept her in emotional balance. She was so entranced that she never heard her father walk to her and knelt down to put his hand on her shoulder. He whispered something in her ear that made her to slump her posture. She lifted her feet out of the water to avoid her dress from getting wet while she stood and she greeted them with a quick courtsy.
"Hello...I hear you both are interested in a possible betrothal." The young girl said as she lifted her head to see who interrupted her ritual. It was hidden but her native american features from her mother faintly touched her European dominate face. "I believe both already know my name but none the less my name is Natalie, Natalie Green." Her eyes subtly jugding both of the men. The younger seems inexperience yet he looks like he suffer a similar pain. The older looked like a man similar to those from her Father's estate who reported in on his frontier properties, yet there was intense intelligence behind his eyes.
Back to top Go down
ComfyMystic
Admin
ComfyMystic

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Sven gave a polite bow, he did in the way the people east did, forgetting the customs of Europe "I'm Sven Tauben, pleased to meet you Ms. Green."
Back to top Go down
mink580

mink580

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Bowing as he would to a higher member of the court Gregori keeps his eyes on the young mistress to gauge a reaction. "I am Gregori Nicolas, the son of a Baron. Pleased to meet you Ms. Natalie Green. May I call you Natalie?"
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

"Sorry young baron, I prefer Miss. Green when I'm speaking to anyone I'm I haven't known for long." Her tone a pleasant and harmonic yet her eyes dilivered a harsh bite, by a slight twist of her eyes it was shared with the academic. "Father, I thought I would only be visited by one suitor today?" the question a sound of displeasure and almost whine like hidden in the thick southern American accent.
"Sorry to interrupt your..." Not quite knowing what his daughter was doing before he entered he continued the answer. " but due to a grevious scheduling error on my part both of these young gentleman are here to visit and since they came so far I've invited them to stay the night." Natalie's eyes widen in shocked fear as Nathaniel finished his sentence. "Good men, I invite you both to engage my young Natalie with some fine conversation as I prepare business forms and what not. Enjoy." with that the soldily built southerner walked out with his fine white suit and pitch black leather shoes. The maid entered the room as a chaperone of sorts.
"By your bow earliler I see you aren't use to the customs here. Are you an exploerer or some kind of fronteirsman?" the young woman acted in a pleasant and welcoming voice.
Back to top Go down
ComfyMystic
Admin
ComfyMystic

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:32 am

Sven had his focus on Mr. Green before Natalie spoke and Sven turned his focus to her "Oh, sorry about that. That is just how people in the East go about doing things. I have just gotten use to their costumes. But I had trouble with their food!" Sven said jokingly "I was there mostly because I didn't want to miss the opportunity with some friends of mine and hopefully find hidden wonders and to help open up the land to the West."
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:45 pm

"oh sven i have a question for you. How do you like the culture there and what are the people there like?" Natalie asked with cool eyes looking for any misstep.
"Natalie, you are ignoring your poor guess, the boron." The maid chimed in after so far in the conversation.
"If you are so interested then you talk to him."
"If you ask." The maid quickly walk around the guests and her esteemed mistress and stood by Gregori. "So how much do you know about Miss. Green?" The maid ask with genuine curiosity in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
ComfyMystic
Admin
ComfyMystic

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 pm

"The people and culture where...strange but they were far from primitive oppose to what most would think. They had a lot of rich history and interesting religions. My colleges were looking into the ancient pagan gods that they left behind years ago for their Buddha, which is another weird religion but the monks were very welcoming!" Sven started to talk up a storm, it seemed like Sven had few people to talk with about what he liked the best about foreign lands. It seemed most people just wanted to know what resources they had and how soon could we bring Christianity to them. "I was sadly doing note work for them but I still got to see many wonderful ruins. The natives would help us find these places but only so far before we needed to trek alone. They seemed very afraid of those ruins."
Back to top Go down
mink580

mink580

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 11:27 pm

'' I am sorry to say I do not know much of Miss. Green besides that she passed away not to long ago. So what can you tell me of the young mistress Green, or of anythinv abot the family Green?'' Gregori gives the maid a bright smile showing intrest in what the woman has to say.
Back to top Go down
Bright Eyes
Admin
Bright Eyes

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:24 pm

PJ here is what she looks like
World of Darkness: Suitor in Black Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5b73tf25Xstj_XsnSdwM5eKjlMd9f2JHwhSAG3uOEf5D09lBS

"I see, well she is quite upset by the recent events that not only disturbed her home life back in the states but her mother died from a long battle with a fever she caught on the voyage over here." She said with a bold smug look on her face. "Here is a tip" She leaned in "she has been burying herself in traditions and etiquette so don't be so lax with her you will only get her scorn." she said as her cheek brushed against Gregori's ear. "Well excuse me. I need to go back to getting dinner ready." She said as she flung herself in perfect grace to the door before Gregori responded to anything she said.

"I see you respect them and their culture. What are your opinion on the American natives of my Homeland." Natalie asked the scholar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness: Suitor in Black   World of Darkness: Suitor in Black Empty

Back to top Go down

World of Darkness: Suitor in Black
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next